Childcare proceedings

If your child is subject to care proceedings you have the right to your own solicitor.

Our specialist solicitors are on hand to guide you through this difficult and often lengthy process, providing you with advice and support at every stage.

Every Local Authority has a duty to ensure that children are safe and protected. If they are concerned about the safety and welfare of a child, the child will be removed and taken into the care of social services and care proceedings will commence.

Are social services involved with your family?

If social services have intervened or are threatening to do so you will undoubtedly be anxious and upset. The initial decision as to whether your child is removed from your care is vitally important. Your child’s future is at stake and you will need experienced legal representation as soon as possible to ensure your voice is heard.

With one of the most experienced teams in the North West of England, we are on hand to guide you through this difficult and often lengthy process and provide you with advice at every stage. It is vitally important to you and your child that you obtain the very best legal representation that is available. It is also important that you have the benefit of a sympathetic and understanding solicitor who can assist you throughout this extremely difficult period.

Free initial consultation

Your first meeting with a solicitor will be free of charge whilst we consider your options and often Public Funding will be available to you so that you do not have the added worry about paying legal costs.

We also help grandparents apply for the children to live with them instead of being taken into care.

If you’d like to find out more about how we can help you, contact us today on 0800 042 0700 or email